View Single Post
      11-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #1281
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Wow, THANK YOU for taking the time to give such a detailed response! (no pun intended)

I'm using the 6.5" pad, but will give the 5.5 or 4" a try! I've also got an order in for M105, pads, light, and a slew of other accessories. (that makes 3 orders in the past 2 weeks, haha)

Here's a picture of an A4 I was working on (not all deep swirls were removed)

I had posted up a new thread regarding capturing poor paint conditions on camera, do you have any advice for that?
Audi is notorious for having very hard clear coats. Many people with a PC would have a difficult time removing imperfections from that type of paint. Your best bet for those situations is M105 and a very aggressive pad (Surbuf would be ideal or a Cyan HydroTech Pad).

Capturing imperfections with your camera can be a difficult thing to do... your best bet is to use all manual settings if using an dSLR and you definitely need good lighting that reveals the imperfections. Make sure you aren't focusing on the reflection but the surface of the paint. A little practice and messing around with the settings should give you some results. Also, I found that no outside lighting helps, if you have windows letting light in, that can hinder capturing the results.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0