View Single Post
      09-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #117
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strax View Post
From the readings and the pictures of the different intakes setups, I really think it is worth trying the AFE setup without the heat shield and trying to place the filters as far apart as possible. From the pictures it seems that the heatshield really constrains the suction area of the filters.
No; not at all. From the pictures, you can't tell that there's plenty of space underneath the aFe air filters. I can run my fingers under them, so air definitely gets under there.

btw -- anyone who thinks that the Vishnu and BMS air filters somehow get more "colder" air from being placed a bit toward the driver's side ((instead of where the aFe air filters are in the middle, where the oem stock intake box used to be), think again ; it's just as hot anywhere in the engine bay...left, middle, right...it doesn't matter!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0