View Single Post
      08-23-2023, 05:09 PM   #10
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbyblue View Post
I had this exact problem, what ended up happening was one of my little rubber vacuum lines slipped off the nipple(?) of my boost control solenoid. It was barely noticeable, I had to really search hard with my flashlight to see it off the connector, and it was only removed about 2-3 cm.

I ended up putting the line back on the solenoid and heated it up with a lighter & heat gun to shrink the line back on to where it should be. Haven't had any issues since.
That's exactly what happened to me. I noticed the car didn't have as much low end torque but still no SES light or any other indication of a problem. Then when I accelerated onto a highway that's when I got the half engine light and really felt the lack of power, and corresponding 30FF code when reading with INPA.

I found an obvious split in the vacuum line that went from one of the canisters to the hard line that goes over the valve cover. I simply snipped it below the split with scissors and reattached which worked fine but I eventually replaced all the vacuum lines to avoid any future problems. Mine were in bad shape - extremely brittle with lots of fraying of the protective cloth covering.

Data logging is awesome for diagnosis but how do those of us without MHD go about doing that? I'll eventually buy it after I get some more maintenance items sorted out.
Appreciate 0