View Single Post
      04-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #76
BOSSBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
How/why would you update INPA, edidbas, and NCS? Or would you just update daten files? Also, where can I find the latest versions?
WHY you would update your daten files:
If your car was recently re-programmed or updated at the dealer, they obtian regular updates from BMW to the daten files to resolve software issues. If you were recently serviced or reprogrammed, you would need daten files of equal or newer date than those that your car was programmed with, otherwise you will run into a lot of issues.

HOW would you update your daten files.
Well, they aren't open source or anything, so don't expect to find them readily available. BMW is quite proactive in pursuing individuals hosting these files, as they are copyrighted. I have a link to the v45 daten files which are quite recent on the first post of this thread. To update them you just overwrite your current files with the ones found in the archive listed.