Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gquie View Post
Hey guys thanks for all the help. The reason why I am so anal about having a security system is beacuse last month I had my RSX Type S stolen from Scarborough Town Center when I was watching a movie. It had an immobilizer but I think someone may have taken it and chopped it up for parts. This is the reason why I am considering a boomerang because it was hella annoying having to transit to work everyday.

Another problem for me is that I work in the vicinity of Scarborough Town Center and now I'm basically paranoid about leaving my car there. I had a Yaris as a rental from my insurance company and even that I was afraid wouldn't be there when I got back from work. I guess I wouldn't want a car back either after its been bugged around with but I'm thinkin people don't steel BMW's for the joy factor. They steal it to export it which is why Boomerang looked like a good option for me. Then again I was reading up and it turns out that some proffesional crooks can actually jam the signal if they know you've got a boomerang which is completely useless to me.

I know you can't protect your car 100% and as long as the car has an immogilizer I guess thats good but what I'm very worried about is parking my car around or near scarborough town center. So basically I'm trying to decide between getting an alarm system or a boomerang and Town and Country BMW is asking for like $600 for the boomerang... and thats after their "special" discount.
I got boomerang for $450-$500 including install and 1 year service. But then I got it as part of the car, not after the fact. Yes, as with all frequency transmitting device, its very possible to jam. You'll just have to see if your insurance will give you a discount if you get either alarm or boomerang.
Appreciate 0