View Single Post
      11-18-2008, 05:54 AM   #13
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Guys,

I got this e-mail late last night from the editor at Roundel -- I had e-mailed him a long, long time ago about the problem and instructed many of you (who apparently DID) to do the same.

In his e-mail he stated that he was unsure whether Roundel had anything to do with the announcement/response, but he was basically threatening BMW to with posting our complaints in the January addition and suggested that BMW actually have a response to publish.

Apparently Roundel *will* be publishing excerpts from various "complaint letters" they received on the issue along with BMW's response. The editor claims they won't attempt to "interpret" the response (which I've posted here) in any negative light -- which I think is the right move. Let the reader's decide how they feel about it.

I, for instance, wasn't overly pleased with the response for the following reasons:

A. It took them WAY too long, and only under pressure, to response at ALL.

B. When they DID respond they basically belittled the complaints as those from only "sensitive drivers." Why not just call us "a$$holes who complained"?? When the little driving nuances work in FAVOR of BMW, they call it "precision" and the "Ultimate Driving Machine." When they work AGAINST BMW, they call US "sensitive drivers."

C. The fix shouldn't be optional -- it should be mandated for all cars.

D. I don't own an 08 (I have an 07), but from what I understand the latest cars are also affected with this problem from what posters have written here. So I'm not sure why they've set a "cut off" on the cars that are eligable for the software patch to March 2008 builds.

Anyway guys, this is as much as I know. Look for the January issue of Roundel, and talk to your service advisors -- I plan to do the same!
Appreciate 0