View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Oh, sorry! I forgot to give an update. I had all the plugs replaced as a good will measure (East Bay BMW is amazing), and the misfires have ceased to happen, as far as I can tell. I did a good 300 miles of driving with lots of flooring it and hard pulls from low speed up to the speed limit. Never skipped a beat. The spark plugs definitely were contributing to the problem.

There are still minor blips when idling the engine, though. I am thinking it might have to do with a generally cold engine, or I might need to replace the coil packs. But, the actual misfires have stopped.

Also, there was a gasket leak, and that was replaced, but I do not think the gasket had anything to do with the misfires.

Which Gasket? Depending on the gasket, it could cause a vacuum leak which in turn can cause misfires.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0