10-30-2007, 11:57 AM   #16
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
OK, so I've now gone out and bought a complete meguiars kit of everything, with clay bar etc etc... and also some zymol wax.

I guess the order to do things is to wash fully first, then clay?? And sounds like a stupid question, but how do you use a clay bar properly? What technique is advised? The rest is easy.. have double buckets with grit guards etc... and more microfibre cloths and terry cloths than I can imagine!!
Yep, wash, then clay. To use the clay bar you make sure you've got PLENTY of lubrication on the car and then just glide it over if I recall correctly (it's been about 5-6 months since my first time!) if you got the meg's smooth surface clay kit you should get instructions with it. Do a section that's not so important first, wipe off the lubrication and feel the paintwork - if it feels smooth and there's no marring you've done it right! If you feel it catching on the paintwork then you are going over an area where there's no lubrication. I did that a few times but the Meg's kit seems pretty safe to be honest.

You got some Zymol Field Glaze too I presume?
Appreciate 0