View Single Post
      01-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
I almost purchased one until magnaflow returned my call. they took my car for 3 days, hooked up a rental and picked up the car with a new catback exhaust with a 12 hp gain on the Dyno. I just wanted to compare the difference which probably doenst matter now, bc after the intake, and pbx install, feels like the car is turbo and like the bmw sound described is very similar, possibly deeper but hard to tell wiht the intake and engine noise boosting up. I say magnaflow for performance.

thanks to Magnaflow and Gabe for hooking up the exhaust. Worth bragging about for performance iMO.
I agree that the BMW PE is a great sounding exhaust, but I also like the Magnaflow sound.

Only thing I wasn't crazy about the Magnaflow mufflers that were being used (#14815) is the fitment being longitudinal instead of horizontal as our factory muffler - and the very tight 90 bend that needed to be fit/welded to make it work.

With your setup as in pics it looks as if they used a muffler that has the dual tip outlets angled - so that it also allows the muffler to be angled - making for a better weldment/fitment. I also like the Magnaflow tips much better then the PE tips

Any chance you could post more pics of the pipe going into the back of your muffler?

Was your system only the muffler - or was it also the midpipes?

And if so, did the Magnaflow midpipes delete the resonator?

Was this a custom system or is there a Magnaflow P/N?
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0