Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
Technically yes, it could be done. The difficult part is there's not likely to be a definition file or anything for what the code in the transmission flash means, and few people doing it (or nobody) means searching for information online is fruitless. if somebody has a dump from a trans I'm willing to look at it, but depending on how it's organized it might be really difficult to decipher.

the other guys got the flash to work because they just copied somebody else's software (Alpina). They don't actually know how it works. Since we don't have the equivalent of the Alpina flash to copy, we'd be developing it on our own - and I don't have an automatic to test on.

I wonder what kind of CPU the transmission module uses. MSV70 is easy to flash because it has a BDM port, but on a transmission module you might be stuck using WinKFP. it's not like Galletto has support for random transmission modules.
I wonder if a dump of a CTS would work