View Single Post
      04-29-2005, 10:05 PM   #42
Wildcat Jon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I test drove the SG 330i today, no navi, auto, black interior with burl, non sport. It was very cloudy in Cincy today with light rain, and the SG looked pretty good. Not much of the rumored purple tint. I'll venture back when the sun is out. I also saw a black 325 nonsport on the showroom floor and the wheels make a HUGE difference in the look. The std. 325 wheels and tires look terrible. That said, the std. 330i looked very sharp, and much bigger than I anticipated. The SG was sitting near a black E46 and looked much larger. They also had a TiSilver, stick, poplar, black interior, no navi, sport. It looked absolutely gorgeous. Almost took my breath to be honest with you. I didn't drive that one, but it looked awesome. The Tisilver was sitting facing out right next to a black 530i, and amazingly, the width of the cars was VERY similar. The length of the 530i was obviously longer and the rear larger, but the width of the cars was very similar. Amazing.

Anyway, the logic 7 was a huge improvement over past bimmer stereos. I think it is a must. The driving mechanics were also awesome, although the roads were wet and I couldn't/didn't want to push it much. ****pit seemed a little smaller than I anticipated, but the back seat room was a bit larger than the e46. Trunk was bigger than the e46 but not as large as it looks from the outside.

In all, a great experience. However, I would NOT get less than 17 inch wheels on this car. The small wheels make the car look terrible. But, take heart, with the sport wheels, the car looks AWESOME.
Appreciate 0