View Single Post
      03-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #58
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy330i
Man, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but a 24 year old self-titled "Intel" guy that refers to his colleagues as "most of us Intel guys", publicly disclosing his sensitive position and casual familiarity with information that he "can't disclose", all the while continually spelling "would've" incorrectly as "would of", well it all seems a little fantastical to this casual reader.

I'm not implying that your knowledge is questionable. I agree with you on many points, JB. It just seems a little out-of-character for someone with a rather dangerous job, especially all the "Intel" talk on an unsecured public server recording your IP and routing information on semi-permanent logs.

--Just curious about something you said. What do you mean by your complete disagreement with the Dubai ports issue?

And what is your party affiliation? Seeing as you have been of voting age for the past two elections, surely you must have made use of the system that has made our country as great and as bad as it has been at different points during its short history. I'll be forthcoming and concede that I have not voted for our current president, not in '04 and not in '00.

Again, I just want to know more about where you're coming from. After all, in your words, "You must first understand the enemy in order to predict him."

Not that you're my enemy, of course.

Let's see where to begin. How about with would've. LOL I have a habit of spelling it in this fashion when I type. Yes I should use spell-check more often. Bad habits are very hard to break at times. I'll make an attempt at correcting the “would have” and “would of” thing.

I am 24 years old. I completed my Bachelor’s and Masters Degree in Intelligence and I specifically said this in another thread. I have the position I have because of my experience with the Middle East, Contacts, and I'm very good at my job. I'm not cut out for a job in DC (yet) because of the politics involved. I'm more of a "field" person and I like engaging in my work which brings about results. You can do the same from an office in DC but there is a…disconnect. I don't think you might understand what I'm talking about in this regard.

- Intelligence is not sensitive per se. I work in the Intelligence Community made up of various organizations. When I talked about job description/title I said I don't exist. It was an attempt at humor. Someone working for the CIA as a case officer I would not expect to see on a site similar to this.

- Many people have dangerous jobs in Iraq and the Middle East. Some are extremely dangerous (EOD) and some are very safe (Secretary) If the enemy targets me they already know everything they need to know about me. This isn't something like...hey guys I have a convoy leaving out at 0700 from BIAP wish me luck

- The government has much better systems than any public server. Now of course the technical details are classified but do you think I would just hop on a computer and surf the net. You must also understand that the government has it's own internet at a classified level. You cannot jump to the internet to the government classified internet on the same computer. They require completely different computers which are not connected in any fashion. So for all intensive purposes I could be surfing on my private laptop hooked up to a wireless provider in Baghdad, Kuwait, UAE for that matter.

- BTW, I am surfing on my private laptop hooked up to a provider in Baghdad, piped through Kuwait. I also use my government computer here at work to do some web surfing and such. Don't confuse that with open-source intelligence which involves data-mining open source networks for information. Every country has the ability to do this...well everyone with an internet connection at least.

- I disagree with Congress with the handling of the Dubai issue. People just don't understand how important the UAE is as a GWOT partner. Furthermore, I see no problem with an Arab company running ports in the United States. Like I stated before foreign companies have ran our ports for decades.
1. It is a take over of a British company P&E LLoyd which currently runs a few ports in the US
2. The dockworkers are not going to be replaced; it will still be run by Americans here in the US.
3. They run management and operations at ports, not security. Security belongs to DHS, US Customs, and Coast Guard.
4. The deal is racist. There is no way to dispute this issue.
5. It doesn't matter if the company is American or Arab, AQ can infiltrate either organization and wreak havoc at the ports because of ongoing security lapses which have yet to be fixed.

- My party affiliation? I didn't know that was a determining factor in presenting facts. The higher you go up in any bureaucracy you will find the department heads, cabinet ministers, and Cabinet are more politician than anything else. In a few cases they have the right credentials for the job but for the most part they don't. If I was the DNI I would likely be fired because I am no politician. Well I would of
"Resigned"

- What I don't like are ignorant comments. For example I have Liberal and Conservatives working for me. I have a Neo-Con who is one of the most fanatical of Bush supporters and refuses to listen to another point of view.” All Liberals are evil." I have Liberals who are anti Bush "Bush is an idiot." I quash both sides when they present opinions or when politics detract from the work environment. Very few people have the ability to separate themselves and to form a true independent stance. I am one of the few people who are able to think with a free mind. I stated this concept of thinking in another thread on how to separate you and to form a true view free from bias. Think of it in the same case of an extremist blinded by religion. They refuse to listen to the other side.

- On issues which deal with ethics, morality and philosophy, you can consider me as a Centrist with leanings towards Liberalism/Conservatism. If you want to know my stance on a particular issue just ask. But in these cases it more beliefs than facts. Granted there are moral and ethical "truths" so to speak but stances on these kinds of issues vary widely. It is not the same truth as "killing someone in cold-blood is murder" truth. Do you understand or do I need to expound on this point?

- Yes I have very strong and formulated ideas backed up by facts. That's why I said it would be very hard to debate with me. Not trying to sound like an elitist but this is my job. I am an intellectual who enjoys debates since it fine-tunes my skills and keeps me sharpened, focused, and open to different views.

-Hope that clears some stuff up for ya.

Last edited by JB 330ci; 03-10-2006 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0