06-02-2015, 01:56 PM   #4
SwaggyP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D w/ JBD 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulonger View Post
I purchased a CPO that was sold with a 'clean' CARFAX. After some CBU scare at the end of last year, I actually thought about trading it in. When the car was appraised by the local dealership for trade-in, they asked me about the accident. I said that it had never been in an accident. So the finance manager then showed me the CARFAX that detailed an accident to the right front of the vehicle about 2 months before I bought it. Seems that the previous owner unloaded it just after the accident. CARFAX would not give me any information about the accident, not even telling me the source of the reported accident. Needless to say, I was pissed. I called the dealership that had sold me the car and raised a stink. I share their answer with you as it may relate to your situation.

They claim that a car can be certified for the BMW CPO program as long as the repairs are done with OE parts.

I felt that they misled me when selling, but guess I have no recourse. The dealership said that the CARFAX report is provided as a courtesy and that they have no way of guaranteeing the accuracy of the report. So to me, CARFAX is a sham perpetrated by dealerships. And a wrecked car can be certified by a dealership - we have two cases that prove that.

Interestingly, I have gone after the dealership to have my front bumper repainted. I will let you know how that goes.

Please let me know what the dealership ends up doing. I would love to know.

Thanks for your reply
Appreciate 0