View Single Post
      08-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #82
RobRogers99
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i 4 Door Sedan

Well after 2 nights of serious struggle to get power to the unit I'm about to give up on the fuse box approach. I have tried nearly every available constant power socket but nothing seems to work.

Now I'm wondering if the unit is even still functional because the one location that worked (Auto locks) no longer does. I had to pull it initially from that one because the locks ended up not working (even though the N6 did).

My last out appears to be take the entire head unit to the trunk and test it on the battery.

Has anyone had their unit fail while trying to find the correct fuse? I have a fuse tap I'm using so that should have absorbed any possible short that might damage the unit but I'm seriously at the end of my rope with this thing. I've spend 3 hours collectively trying to make the fuse box work in order to save the headache of running the wire the length of the car. Looks like I would have saved time going the long way around at this point.

Any suggestions would be great. I have a 2007 4-door 335i. My fuse box looks a bit different than Jeff's.
Appreciate 0