08-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #88
Googlyamnesiac
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRogers99 View Post
Yeah, that's what I'll have to do. Thanks all. I'll update when finished. Damn me and my "easy" approach. I thought I did enough research but after finding out that my fuse box chart is missing (UGH) along with the fuse pullers (double UGH), I should have seen the writing on the wall. Also missed on the discount code at Jeff's store. Guess I'm more blind than I thought. Time for new glasses.
My tips I posted for the rear seats (I didnt have to unbolt the seatbacks)

Here's a few tips (I might be stating the obvious in some of them but figured if it saves someone some time then it's good me sharing my experience).

1) Hooking up to the battery for the permanent connection was definitely the way to go. I first started routing the cable through to the rear seats and then hit a stumbling block in trying to get the cable through to the trunk. . .

I got pissed off and thought 'screw it, i'll just use the fusebox'. 45 minutes later after getting even more pissed off I then went back to plan A ...

Like most of you probably, I have the seats that don't fold down in the rear. The real problem for me was getting the seat pulled up. In hindsight, it's damn easy. Just grab the seat at the edge and yank upwards (quite a lot of force!). There's one clip at each side. Then just pull it forwards a bit.

Then in the trunk lift up the storage board thing and pull it forwards a little (or take it out completely as I did).

Once youve done this, get a metal coathanger and slide it through from the bottom of the vertical seat that's still in place in the rear of the vehicle and you should (after a couple of attempts) see it from the trunk. Then tape your yellow 12V cable to the coathanger and pull it through.

During the whole install, this part probably took me the longest but if I had to do it again now, it would be a 5 minute job!
Appreciate 0