Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
You wanna get big? Eat big!
Aside from the aforementioned lifts (Squats, Deads, Cleans, more squats...) you gotta eat!

http://www.70sbig.com/food/
Here's a blurb:
Quote:
Which diet should I use to get 70’s Big?
Any “diet” that has a name won’t get you to the top of the mountain. If you’re counting blocks, forget about it.

The first order of business is getting your protein squared away. Your diet is pass/fail depending on your protein intake. You should consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight each day if you want to grow (1.5-2 g/lb BW or more may be necessary).

What about carbs and fat?
Listen to me now and hear me forever…macronutrient ratios are largely irrelevant if you’re above 15% bodyfat.

Assuming you comply with the first rule, total calories are your major concern at this point. If you have a compelling need to be lean (e.g. you’re a weight-class athlete) you can start tweaking once you go below about 15% bodyfat mark.

I’m going to ignore your advice and ask about macros anyway.
There are hundreds of books, articles, and blogs out there that discuss this crap. We’re not going there. But here is a simple guide to macros. It is not completely technically correct, but it gives you an idea about the concepts. Protein is for building and maintaining muscle mass, carbohydrates fuel your efforts, and fat fuels your recovery. If you’re falling behind in any of these areas, increase the appropriate macro.

How much do I need to eat?
1) More

2) There is an old business adage, “don’t dress for a job you have; dress for the job you want.” Apply this to your eating. If you want to be 215, you need to eat for 215, not for your 165 pound sprint-Tri doing self. You won’t get 70’s Big by pushing bird seed around your plate at your local hippy bistro. Start with 125-150% of what you’re eating now and see how that goes for a couple weeks.
Appreciate 0