Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubdom View Post
Added the alarm VO but not able to read the alarm modules. I keep getting an error stating "no response from ECU". I guess this is not right unless I didn't add the alarm VO correctly.

I don't really want to spend $300 on an alarm. There has got to be a way to get that clown nose blinking
You can code the +302 option to your VO, and that will add DWAI and DWAS to the list. NCS expert reads the vehicle order just like the dealer systems do, and based on that will offer a predetermined set of options.

So if you added it to the VO, you still would never be able to connect to DWAI or DWAS because that requires the actual alarm module to be installed in the rear fender liner, connected to the CAN bus network through the pre- wired factory connector.

I am not sure about this because I haven't looked - but I would suspect that the clown nose blink is going to be somewhere in the NFRM module, or it could be in another one possibly..

You should also be able to control the blinking of the hazards through the idrive even without the alarm on locking/unlocking. The sound choices you could probably code also (there are 4 possible options on that menu), but obviously it wouldn't beep without the module and siren in there. I think the module and the siren are one piece. DWAI is the alarm module and DWAS is the siren part of the alarm system. There are some functions that crossover however.

Hope this helps

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 03-10-2011 at 03:38 AM..
Appreciate 0