View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #50
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

A predator killing and then eating it's prey is part of the natural cycle of life. Happens all the time with different animals up and down the food chain, usually not captured on video. You can't be opposed to that happening unless you are a vegan, or are OK with being a huge hypocrite.

What is kinda disturbing, however, is getting your rocks off watching video of it happening. Obviously if you dont watch it, that doesnt mean the animal doesnt die, but I'm not sure what the appeal is of watching this stuff.

On TV once they had video of a lion taking down a gazelle. Usually they deliver a kill bite to the neck right away, and it's over quick. This time, it appeared the lion was teaching it's babies how to hunt & kill, so there was no quick end. It dragged on and on, and at some point I could watch no longer.

Don't get me wrong, I get it, she has to teach her cubs how to fend for themselves, that's nature. That gazelle drew the short straw, unfortunately one of them has to.

The fact that it happened didnt bother me, but the idea that there are people out there who would sit there, gleefully examining every last frame of footage at the end, that's kinda wrong, if you ask me.
Appreciate 0