View Single Post
      02-08-2017, 12:14 PM   #15
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6IX-F10-N52 View Post
.. theres other people saying the exact same thing on this thread.. just because i do not have a turbo engine does not mean my knowledge is limited to only natural aspiration. the N54 has two intakes which go straight to the turbo, so the gains in replacing an intake on a turbo engine would obviously greater but are the gains really wort the money? what, maybe like 2HP max and slightly lower air intake temperatures which are offset by being heat-soaked while sitting still on a hot day anyways.

Not that im trying to spread garbage on a forum that doesnt apply to my application, but i believe that an intecooler upgrade or even a secondary cat delete would let you achieve better performance for similar (or less) money
Yeah and they don't know what they're talking about either. I know both intakes like the back of my hand - I've had 2 E90 328s and now have a 335. You're really missing the point. Like has been said, yes the N54 stock airbox is fine for a stock tune running the stock 8 psi of boost. You change the tune and run twice that much, you've got a hell of a bottleneck between the top of the airbox and the filter. It's not like the N52 intake where the the filter sits on its side and there's no real restriction other than the charcoal filter.

Look how short the lid is!

The air has to go through the front tube, UP through the panel filter, squeeze through under the lid, then go into the cavity on the right out to the 2 turbos. At $95 for a DCI set up, why would you not use it on a tuned car? That's only twice what a panel filter would be. Obviously a lot more airflow, and the small increase in heat isn't going to matter once it gets to the turbos anyway.

Stop being a troll.
Appreciate 1
l3rett6.00