03-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
BMW Military Sales and Pentagon Car Sales are located close to just about all military bases over there. I got mine from Hanau. The big advantage is the tax break...that's about it. Some things are cheaper and you can pre-order with all the options you want. It's relatively the same as in the states. BMW will ship it back for you for a fee. It was $750 to the east coast. The warranty in Germany is for two years (used to be one) and if you ship it stateside, it's four. Even with the two year warranty, you have to pay for your own oil when you get the oil change. The other known fact is that you need to have your BMW for at least six months in Germany before shipping it back to the states or you'll have to pay the state sales tax. That's 5-8% of the total cost. RI tried to ding me for it even though I had it for six months in Germany. I had to go through some administrative juggling with the help of the legal office to get it all squared away. All turned out well, just had to go through the pain of showing that it was a used vice new car. Hope that answers your questions. If you have any others, just PM me.