View Single Post
      02-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #16
kevipedia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 325i

Aaaah Jeff, you've made things a lot clearer for me - thank you very, very much.

I thought that the yellow wire was actually for ALL power running to the unit. I now understand that it is that lil' wire responsible for retaining the settings!

They did call me when they were installing and say that the steering controls weren't working, then the next call was that they "managed to figure it out." I'm not sure if this is connected to the CANBUS or can be a cause of a problem.

Am I then correct in saying that if I don't connect the yellow wire at all, the unit should still turn on but when it's off NOTHING will be saved immediately?

The installer was kind enough to leave a cable with one of those pins (like on the yellow wire) with me. I'll ask my ol' Dad to lend me a voltmeter so I can see which circuit has power - even better, I'll do this when the car has been off for a few hours.

When I find a suitable (unused) spot, I'll hook the yellow cable into there and if all is correct then I should be good to go.

Once again, thank you ever so much for your help. If I knew you were the main support person I would definitely have supported you.

I will be writing up some more in-depth stuff, and trying to contribute to the Dynavin community to try and make sure simple things like this don't cause any more issues.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0