acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger4607 View Post
Right - here's a few facts:
1. the 'M' badge doesn't mean a car is an M3 etc, it means it's an M sport variant. Here's a link to confirm http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/di...rt-models.html
2. M sport variants have at least 7 factory fitted 'M' Badges as standard
3. M Sport variants have M Sport parts fitted as standard setting them apart from the other variants
4. BMW are now badging M sport cars with the 'dreaded' M badge as standard (Visit a showroom and you'll see what I mean)
5. Owners of older M sport cars are perfectly at liberty to fit any badges they wish - there's no law against it!
6. Members of this forum react to the 'M' word in the same way that women react to the 'C' word - they hate it but don't really know why except someone told them to.
7. These forums are full of people offering advice about how to adapt their car, - suspension, wheels, audio, grill colour, power output, etc making the cars non standard, but mention a badge addition and they get hysterical!
8. The M sport variants are sold as just that and appear on the insurance database as just that - yes, they really are called M sport.

I drive a 330 M Sport convertible with no M badge on the rear but I have not problem at all with people adding badges to their car, it's personal choice and you shouldn't be swayed by narrow minded peer pressure. After all, in the words of BMW "those looking for additional dynamism will discover just what they are looking for with the M Sport models"
Entirely agree
Appreciate 0