View Single Post
      10-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #15
leejoobin
help
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Sounds like a great plan.
Now i'm not sure what kind of experience you have working with cars.
But maybe you wanna start from the very bottom. (maybe you already have)
Because this sure isn't a small plan.
And those people that you are targeting need to at least heard about you, know what you can do, and know what great jobs you have ALREADY DONE.
and because they're not celebrities. they probably didn't get their money as easy as the celebrities did. (not saying all celebrities don't work hard)
So they're most likely the ones who value their money more than anyone else in this world. (won't be easy getting them to invest on you, even if they're real interested and have the same mind to see how great it can turn out.)

i believe the guy who started FedEx ( can't remember his name) wrote a business plan in college about doing the whole overnight delivery service and got a barely passing grade.
i'm not sure maybe his plan wasn't well written, but now it turned out to be a very sucessful business.
He also had the problem that you are having rite now.
But he used the family money to start it.
Which you said you don't want to.

it's like people asking for a job that they THINK they can do, but don't qualify for it.
Now I sure am NOT trying to be negative.
I know there are people that they CAN actually do the job.
but the problem is most employer/investor/partners are not even willing to think about taking that risk. (unless you qualify for it and have experience)
Appreciate 0