View Single Post
      09-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #786
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

A little off-topic:

I really don't know what is happening with Sauber F1 team... I think Kamui Kobayashi needs to move to Ferrari ASAP. Kobayashi qualifies much better than his team mate (who couldn't even reach Q3) and then Giampaolo Dall’Ara, Sauber head of track engineering, comes out and says:

Quote:
“Both cars got away quite well from the start. Our drivers were on different strategies: Kamui was on used medium tyres from Q3, while Sergio started on new hard tyres. We targeted one stop for both drivers. But Kamui lost some time, and we have to investigate why his car was not as quick as the other one. Something went wrong there."

Give me a break... How come they could send Kobayashi in one-stop strategy with a used set of medium tyres while at the same time they put Perez in the same one-stop strategy BUT with new hard tyres?!?!

Of course Kobayashi would loose some time at some point in the beginning of the race trying to preserve a set of used medium tyres for one-stop strategy... what would they expect?! That's the reason why they sent Perez on a fresh new set of HARD tires for the exact same strategy, right?! It simply doesn't make any sense in Kobayashi's case...

I haven't forgot how Sauber messed up Kobayashi's race in the Canada Grand Prix with the wrong strategy (and they did it once again now in Italy):

In the Canada Grand Prix Sauber planned two stops for Kobayashi on SUPER SOFT tyres and after his pit stop the team changed his strategy to one stop and he did 46 laps on the set of soft tyres , while Perez started 15th on the HARDER compound and it turned out that one stop was possible and even quicker. Kamui Kobayashi started once again from a much better position after qualifying 11th... but what was the end result?!

Again, Perez finished the race in the podium with a third place and again Kobayashi finished in P9.

Something is VERY wrong here... I think that Sauber should at least exchange engineers between Perez and Kobayashi, maybe this way it wouldn't be so damn' obvious!
Appreciate 0