View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Todd135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

The problem is all cars are different and don't all respond well to high percentages of E85.

When I ran 40/60 E85/93, my trims would peak above 50 at times also. When Terry looked at them he never had me correct them.

Now, if you go by the instructions of the 29f2 code with JB4, you're actually supposed to reduce the number by 5 until it subsides. On a side note, if you're over 50 then you increase. So you're in that catch 22 circumstance.

Here are the exact instructions with a few things highlighted:

"*** NOTE *** In some cars the auto learning may not properly range open loop fueling, triggering false 29F2 fuel pressure codes, and you will need to set it manually. To do this first disable open loop learning by setting FutureUseA = 2. Then start with an open loop setting of 75. If you experience 29F2 codes lower the setting by 5 until they subside. If your fuel trims are stuck over 50, you experience run lean failsafe (2 SES flashes), or encounter frequent 2D25 tuner codes, increase the setting by 5 until they subside. If your high fuel pressure is consistently below 13 when open loop is 75% or higher you likely have a physical fuel pump problem. If you are unable to find a suitable setting to avoid both 29F2 and 2D25 codes you will need to reduce the alcohol content of your fuel (e.g. if mixing in E85 mix in less), lower the all map AFR settings to lean the air/fuel targets, or use a fixed boost map like 1 or 2."

If all else fails, send the log to Terry and see what he says. I have a feeling he'll point you right back to the 29F2 rules.

Good luck
Appreciate 0