View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exzackt View Post
If thats the case a nice feature of using the cobb is that you can reflash back and forth from stock to bms very easily. Obviously cobb's are not cheap so I would try finding one used on the for sale threads

I didn't know this before but Vishnu does not reflash your dme. They modify the existing software. Which should mean that you won't have any issues at the dealership. Not sure how many people have experience with this...
Well, thats the exact problem I happen to have right now. I am fairly certain that the software/flash/whatever is invisible to the dealer,but they will surely notice it when the car only makes 2 PSI of boost.

With the flexfuel reflash, the dme runs limited boost when the sensor is not hooked up and/or the proceed isn't hooked up.

Right now my new-ish turbos are failing, so I have to take it back to the dealer. Yet, I had to pay $80 to ship the damned thing back to vishnu to flash it back to OEM. (overnight from Ohio to Cali FTL) Then I have to put it back in and put some miles on it.

There certainly are downsides if you ever want delaer assistance on the turbos again...
Appreciate 0