02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #20
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Its not a Mitsubishi production engine the engine will not have the FQ-400 spec from the Mitsubishi production line so its not a production engine!

I know we are talking about the newest one the Evo X.
I meant that the older FQ-400 Evo 9 had other pistons and rods and that the newer FQ-400 Evo X may have it to but i dont know if thats the case but it is a possibility they have gone the same route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Claiming the FQ-400 as a production car is like trying to claim a Novitec or a 9ff as a production car. There will be tens of thousands of A45s and CLA45s sold, there have been a total of 200 FQ-400s.
I am very confused on your opinions gentlemen. It clearly states in the add that it's a Mitsubishi production car for Brits. If Mitsubishi didn't tune it to the specs then who did? If Mitsubishi tuned it, then its a Mitsubishi car they "produced" and will sell to people. I am just reading what the article states.

Holset, highlighted red makes no sense. Are you saying that a company like Mitsubishi can't tweak an original engine to get more power? Isn't that what all companies do to make more production vehicles. Here is a little something I got from Wiki for both of you.

When used in motorsports, the term is quite exact and a certain number of a model must be produced in order to qualify for the term. The 1968 FIA rules stated that production cars were, for sports cars, at least 25 identical cars produced within a 12 month period and which were meant for normal sale to the individual purchasers.[6] FIA rules tend to allow a degree of modification from the original.

The Subaru Spec C is a production vehicle as well, just not for the states.
Appreciate 0