View Single Post
      04-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

DIY: Split Second Turbo Tuner (SSTT) Install

Open up your box, take out the turbo tuner....read threw the instructions aswell. (Thanks to RAILGUNNER for the pictures aswell)

heres the unit itself

SLEEP MODE

Before you unplug anything u have to make a decision and choose one of these steps to put the car into sleep mode, i personally like to DISCONNECT the battery for faster and better adapting, but here are the other ways.

1.)if your car is cold and you havent driven it in a long time open the door, pop the hood, close and lock the doors, wait 10 minutes for the ECU to go to sleep.

2.)if ur car is hot, or you came back from a drive, open ur door, pop your hood, close your door and wait 30 minutes or so.

THE BEST WAY IMO:
3.)if u cant wait and your car is hot, disconnect the battery and then proceed with the install. (your ecu will be sleeping with the battery disconnected)
just go to the trunk, pull off the right side panel, unscrew the 10MM(i think) nut at the negative terminal, wiggle and pull up the terminal.

*** For XI models, when disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, at first start up you might get a 4x4 and DSC/DTC symobl come up, dont worry let it idle or just drive around for a minute, it goes away. the car re-calibrates its system and re-learns yourdriving style and the ECU re-adapts.*

all these steps will put the ecu in sleep mode and ready for installation.

Now:
start off by by finding the TMAP sensor.. it is behind the airbox. feel around and put a flash light in there to see and get a feel for the sensor and the clip/tab..

now that u can see and feel the sensor, its time to unplug the TMAP wire from the TMAP sensor. u can use a whole bunch of items to lift the tab up and off of the wire groove.
some use a small screwdrivers, i used a penny. but be careful, u dont need alot of pulling, dont break the tab off of the sensor!!..****** there is a rubber seal on the TMAP plug and it makes it snug into the sensor, so the tab has to come up a little just pull harder on the Plug itself.

i found it easiest, while i was pulling the tab up with one hand with the penny, my friend reached in and pulled the wire out.. theres little room to work with so a extra hand from a friend helps alot.

you can see clearly where the Turbo Tuner plugs into. the smaller end connnects into the TMAP sensor as shown, and the larger (LONGER) end, the TMAP wire you disconnected earlier gets inserted into the SSTT. in between basically.

finsihed view, but u can push the Turbo Tuner in more and hide it.

enjoy have fun with the extra power... 40+whp and 50+wftlb
Appreciate 0