View Single Post
      12-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #262
Sakaike
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E93 328i

E93 Alarm Install Experience

This is a partial write-up, since I still have to get to the dealer to have the alarm activated. I ordered the unit from Tischer for $130 shipped, no tax - there is no ultrasonic unit for the E93, thus the cheaper price.

I installed it today with no problems. I did not remove the tire, nor jack up the car, and I can't believe that some of you can get your hands up there. I'm a small Japanese guy, and I could barely do it. And when I did, it extended my install time to more than an hour.

Hood switch installation was no problem, as others have noted.

When I picked up the car from the dealer last week, I was quoted $600 for a non-OEM alarm installed, and $800 for the OEM alarm installed. After I have the dealer activate my install for $128, I will be out the door for about $260 - a savings of about $540!!

I'm assuming that the activation will go fine. Assuming it does, there is no reason for anyone to pay dealer prices for this alarm. The parts are cheap (even for the E90/E91/E92 parts), and the installation is a breeze. I had a harder time replacing my DRLs with GP Thunders.

I'll post again once the alarm has been activated, but thought I would let E93 owners know that they should definitely do this, if they are interested in it.