View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

centric premium rotors - rust issues? (my last brake ?)

So after changing my mind about 10 different times as the the rotors/pads I want to go with for my 328i...

I finally decided on centric premium high carbon rotors with the "e-coat" (centric is parent company of stoptech and powerslot so they have to be pretty decent rotors IMO)

tire rack has them for $51ea each for the rears, $73ea for the fronts

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...=Sport+Package

I've done a bunch of searching both here and other forums - STI, nissan, g35 forums... and the opinions are mixed just like every other brake question.

I think for my car, these are the right rotors, dailiy driven, no tracking... my only question i couldn't find a bunch of answers to was how they hold up to rust...

I've read some horror stories and them rusting out, but then others have had them for 1-2 years with little to no rust.

I live in NORTHEAST USA, so I deal with snow, i know brakes=metal, and metal=rust, and i am OK with that, i just dont want them turning into rust buckets in a month.

thoughts and experiences with these centric rotors?

...and just for the record, i am going with stoptech street performance pads rather than the Hawk HPS pads now.