View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #48
critical05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6 spd

So I turned the wheel as far as it would go and snapped a pic. There is no interference that I could see or any signs of contact between the endlink, sway bar or any other part.

One thing I did notice is the space between the driveshaft and steering rack. It looks like the sway bar would probably be centered in this space on a stock car. It looks like on a stock car the sway bar would be angled further down than on a lowered car. Either case, the end link would be further from vertical and the sway bar further from horizontal.

Edit - I do see a slight mark before the label on the half shaft that looked like the end link scratched the dirt off. Since the car was stationary when I turned the wheel would explain the horizontal line. The good thing is that it only occurs when the wheel is close to full lock. I don't see the paint on the half shaft scratched to indicate this is a common occurance. the other good thing is the half shaft is steel and the endlink is aluminum so the endlink will wear first
Attached Images

Last edited by critical05; 01-29-2013 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0