View Single Post
      05-04-2008, 02:20 AM   #1
kend
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 330i SE auto

MB QUART RUA 210 speakers for sale

I have a set of MB QUART RUA 210 component speakers for sale. These speaker are brand new in the box and never been installed. The reason for sale is that my partner also bought me a set of speakers as a birthday present. Before offering them on ebay I thought I would put them on here, specification below

MB Quart RUA 210 2 Way Shallow 4" Component Speakers
Woofers with extremely shallow plastic chassis for
optimized installation in stock locations with limited
mounting depths (only 1.65”)
- Encapsulated, front-mounted neodymium magnet system
- 1” tweeters with titanium dome in plastic housing
- Reference crossovers with variable two-level
tweeter output

METAL TWEETER HOUSING
Our new Reference 19 mm tweeter uses a metal tweeter housing. It is a direct application of our BTT technology originally applied to our Q-Line tweeters. This new design encapsulates the neodymium magnet structure in a specially designed metal cooling housing. This new mechanical structure helps to remove the excess energy generated inside the tweeter’s magnet and voice coil assembly. By dissipating the unwanted heat into the surrounding environment, our new Reference tweeter offers exceptional performance, improved power handling and high reliability. We’ve even reduced the dimensions of our new tweeter to allow it to be installed in even the smallest areas.

COAXIAL TWEETER SUPPORT
The new Reference coaxial tweeter support allows for rapid conversion of the component speaker elements into a coaxial system. This completely new support system offers adjustable positioning of the tweeter. By twisting the support, the tweeter can be set to three different angles, each 45° apart. This level of adjustment allows for the best acoustical reflection angle based upon your specific installation needs.

COMPOSITE BASKETS
Using a combination of polyamide ABS composite reinforced with extremely short glass fibers, our Premium and Reference Line baskets withstand temperature and humidity extremes with little, if any, reaction. The magnetic motor assembly is added through an insert molding process, resulting in precise orientation with the cone and voice coil. Because the basket is non-metallic, non-magnetic and resonance-free, it becomes one of the best possible designs for automotive loudspeaker application.

TWEETER PROTECTION
A light bulb is incorporated into the Premium and Reference crossover networks to extend the life of the tweeter by protecting it against overloading. This element automatically absorbs excess energy (lighting the bulb) and allows continuous operation of the tweeter even at extreme volumes.

CONNECTION TERMINALS
The solid one-piece connection terminals provide all possible connection options. Whether plug-connected, screw-connected or soldered, even with heavy-duty twin-core leads, the connections stay secure, effectively cutting out transfer resistance of even large-section cables.

TITANIUM DOME
Titanium was initially developed for the aerospace industry because of its superior strength-to-weight-ratio. It is at the same time both very light and very strong. As a material for tweeter dome application, titanium is ideal only if properly engineered. MB QUART has nearly perfected the use of titanium over the past 25 years. Similar to the Q and Premium tweeters, our new smaller diameter 19 mm Reference tweeter domes incorporate a composite surround material connecting the dome to the housing. This combination of dome materials reduces unwanted, out-of-bandwidth harmonics and acoustical distortion. The result is an extremely smooth frequency response and extended bandwidth for a truly musical listening experience. This is what gives MB QUART its signature sound.
TECHNICAL DATA
Power Handling: 30 - 70 W
Frequency Response: 59 - 32.000 Hz
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Crossover Frequency: 3.800 Hz
Sensitivity: 82 dB (1W/1m)

FEATURES
Woofers with extremely shallow plastic chassis for optimized installation in stock locations with limited mounting depths
Encapsulated, front-mounted neodymium magnet system
1” tweeters with titanium dome in plastic housing
Reference crossovers with variable two-level tweeter output

Last edited by kend; 05-04-2008 at 03:43 AM..
Appreciate 0