04-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #38
SharkBait
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Barney View Post
There is a flag station before turn 11 on the right side of that back straight but I have no idea how he could have hit that. There's another flag station at the exit of 13. This is all assuming they were lapping clockwise which is most common.

Sad for both of the injured persons and their families. I'm just trying to understand what happened because that's how my mind works, but I apologize if I offended anyone by doing that.
Apparently they were CCW that day. At first I thought he must have lost it cresting 12 but the station is so far away. Maybe he misjudged 11, went four off and didn't lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle08 View Post
#1 reason you shouldn't be allowed to take passengers unless that passenger is an instructor. Most places have this policy, I'm surprised he was allowed to take a passenger.

People drive a little differently when they are trying to impress someone.
Disagree completely. By that logic, we shouldn't have passengers in our street cars either. They're a distraction. Ride alongs happen all the time at the track without incident. As a fellow driver, you can learn a lot riding along with someone else. Very important learning tool.
Appreciate 0