View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

I've tried DS mode on my two day road course in NJMP Lightning. The result was pretty good on the first day to learn the track because you have less things to worry about, just drive and speed entering/exiting etc...

The second day I was ready to drive better and ready to make my car be in the right gear the whole time. I noticed that my car did keep it in the correct gear as you enter the apex for the most part, but there are a couple turns where it downshifted as you exit the apex which resulted in a hard jolt with meth and disrupts the car a bit on the exit... i'm not sure how much it would affect RWD cars as much as mine "AWD" but i managed to keep it in line when it happens, but its not the feeling you get when you shift manually and expect that kind of thing to happen when you want it. My advice is to learn M 1-6 from the start and get use to it. Its also nice to downgear and know which gears you are in as you do so... helps to determine where you should be on the track and in which gear. It actually helped me take a blind turn much better because i know i felt safe in gear 3's upper RPM vs DS which i wasn't sure what gear I was, and it was harder for me to judge how fast i really should be at that point etc...
Appreciate 0