05-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #22
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw86newman View Post
if you don't grease them, what do you do replace them? I am having a problem with my front right brakes, the rotor doesn't seem to spin as freely as the others. I have also noticed ridges on all the calipers (the front right is noticeably more pronounced) and was wondering if this was caused by the pins not letting the calipers release fully (because the pins are getting suck?).
It's possible, but sounds more like a caliper that is sticking and not because of the pins.

...bmw recommends to clean and get rid of any brake dust buildup, but not to grease. Like my above post, I put a small amount of high heat, rubber friendly grease on my rear pins and have no problems. I am doing my fronts soon and prob won't grease the pins though.... Even though the right kind and small amount of grease can't hurt...