View Single Post
      12-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
chris145
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Dealer not sure what the problem is

About 2 weeks the engine management message came up on the Sat Nav (reduced power, please contact dealer etc.) on my 07 335i (pre LCI). After stopping and restarting the message went away. I drove it a little after that and the message didn’t come back. I booked it in at the dealers shortly after. They had it for the day and said that their where a few error messages to do with the wastegate actuator, and they would need it for 3 days to diagnose further. I was told I had to wait for another week or so for a loan car to be available but I could drive my car in the meantime. I must have driven at least 100 miles in that week and the error never came up. It went back in on Monday and today they called me to say they couldn’t see what the problem was. The service advisor said they would take it for a longer test drive tomorrow to see if anything comes up but failing that there was nothing more they can do, and I could then pick the car up. Thankfully the car has most of the 1 year warranty remaining, but I am worried there is an underlying problem that they have not picked up.
Has anyone else experienced this sort of error that goes away on its own?
Appreciate 0