10-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #97
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
how do you guys almost get hit? My car has done the "slug along mode" and its really not like "ohh $h!t im gunna die ahhhh", it cuts power above 4000 rpms not a big deal...if you cant move over to the right lane DONT DRIVE !
Read the responses a little more carefully. The power cuts out COMPLETELY. My car does not shut off. The idle bounces up and down around 1000 rpm on its own. The gas pedal is useless, nothing happens when you press it. The car is still idling up and down but not doing anything. Yes there is gas in the tank.
It usually happens under hard acceleration(like in the fast lane when passing someone and with other cars behind you going as fast)
Want a similar experience, when driving have someone throw the car into neutral while you are attrmepting a high speed pass. But they cant tell you when they are going to do it and you cant put it in gear until you reach the shoulder. Coast alomng the highway and see the cars fly by. Bonus points if you do it during rush hour on a highway with 5 or more lanes and you are in the far left.

And it is common enough that i had it happen 6 times, I have not gotten the other type of limp mode wiuth "reduced" power. and one more time, the engine did not shut off itr dropped to idle and loss of gas pedal function

Last edited by Quisp; 10-25-2010 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0