PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
You won't believe this...

Hey

My 2010 E90 325i Sports has the fine brushed aluminium trim on the doors and the driver's side seat belt buckle has placed a few dents and scratches in the trim over the past years. I was at the Stealers last weekend getting the Start/Stop button replaced under warranty so I thought I would ask Parts how much the replacement aluminium trim piece would cost...a cool $295 plus 3 weeks wait as it has to come from Germany.

I did a bit of research on the web and most Suppliers overseas were selling it for between $50 and $90 so I dug deeper and found one BMW Supplier who would sell it to me for US$52 plus $30 shipping. I could not believe that I saved myself over $200 for exactly the same part that will come from the same factory in Germany that the Stealer would get it from.

Who said you can’t save by shopping on-line....the days of the Stealer's Parts department are numbered with that degree of mark-up.

I guess the proof in the pudding for me is when it arrives and in what condition – be about 3 weeks so fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0