Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
SmartTOP Install

Fitted the SmartTOP module last night.

It's a bit fiddly but if you take your time it's easy enough. The trim removal on my car wasn't the same process as the instructions, but managed to get it off eventually.

All done now though. One touch opening/closing is nice & the ability to rock up somewhere & get out, then get the car to lock up & the roof to close whilst you walk off (using the remote) - instead of sitting there for ages holding the button like a numpty is great.

The roof lift function is also handy, as is one-touch close windows.

I don't really like the idea of using the roof on the move though, just in case I jolt it and knacker it in - so got that set the the lowest setting so I can at least maneuver in car park whilst it's finishing.

I'd def recommend it - thanks to the extra functionality, using the roof is now a much nicer process.

Below is a pic of the module wired in before I plugged everything back together.
Attached Images

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP

Last edited by rjs; 05-24-2011 at 01:54 AM..
Appreciate 0