Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN335i View Post
Ian,

Had stock when the deal was done, took so long to get shipping quote, had then sold out.

Yep !!! that is what appears to have happened, and the Fedex shipping label says shipper "Alufelgen" as does the "Customs Invoice" !!!!!!

If you think the Alufelgen/DTM/Alufelgen route is beyond belief, try this:

Wheels could be refurbed, but for me to keep the wheels, "they" have to drop their claim against Fedex (due to if Fedex pay out, the wheels become their property, as with car write-off) so by dropping the claim they would not be paid out, therefore, I have to pay "them" the money they would have got from Fedex, ($1000) just to keep three (yes three, did I not mention only three arrived, silly me) damaged wheels, then pay Lepson's (£400) to refurb them, and buy a fourth wheel, this would cost me far more than the wheels did in the first place !!!

Whoops!! and still pay the £200.00 imoprt duty,

Customer Service at it's best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael.
Geez, you've had a tough time!

So you make a deal, and because they fanny around getting a shipping quote, they sell your wheels from under you! Nice, I didn't know the Yanks knew about gazumping,albeit for the same $'s (I'm assuming).

You did tell them the wheels were for a BMW 3 series and not a Reliant Robin?

3 fucking wheels!You couldn't make this story up
You paid for 4 I assume? Sounds a silly Q I know.

Got to be honest Michael, I don't know what I'd do in your situation, if it helps though, I've just had my CS7's refurbed for £55.00pw + VAT, but it could be more in your case if the damage is that bad.

So where are you at know with our friends (v loose term) from across the pond, is it still stalemate?
Appreciate 0