View Single Post
      05-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #122
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Way home from work made it misfire again and got P0304 cylinder 4 misfire. Seems like now cylinder 4 is the main culprit. Anyone think I should just do all 6 coil packs so I can rule those out completely like spark plugs? I swapped cyl 4 with cyl 3 and cyl 6 with cyl 2 coils packs about two weeks ago but it seemed like the misfire didn't follow the coil pack. As of now i'm pretty much willing to try anything though
What are the conditions that cause the misfires? Higher RPM's? Cruising? When my coilpack failed, the car just misfired all the time and followed the cylinder when moved.

When I had sporadic misfires like yours, it was not the o2, but rather the injectors. But in my situation it was confined to ONE bank, where as yours jump between banks.

I think the only thing left to try is to replace all 6 injectors if you have not already. When I had a similar issue, I replaced all 3 injectors in the mis-firing bank and my misfires have yet to return.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0