01-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #1725
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonvr6 View Post
Hey DI,

I just got into an 06 Monaco Blue 330i a few weeks ago and love the car. The car was taken care of by the previous owner and seems to have only light swirls and just a couple small scratches. I would like to build a detailing kit and wanted advice on which products to start with. After reading up I would like to include the PC 7424xp polisher and a foam gun. I would also need leather care products. the products i have now are standard auto parts shampoo and towels so i have to start from scratch. Thanks for your time.
Thank you for the message and I apologize to all for the slow response just been crazy busy with the holiday rush. Congrats on the new ride! I'd be happy to help you really make the paint pop! You are on the right track probably just a light polishing will be enough followed by a coating of protection to enhance the paint.

For the paint a buffer will be a huge asset. I'd highly recommend the Porter Cable 7424XP Random Orbital Buffer and a Lake Country 5" Backing Plate for Porter Cable 7424 XP. There are no wrong sizes but the 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads is often what I recommend the most if you have to pick just one. I'd suggest the Menzerna Super Finish Polish SF 4000 (PO106FA Nano Polish) and two Lake Country White Polishing Pads. This will remove fine swirls, oxidation, etc. so the paint is more optically clear and you get that deeper reflection. Next apply a sealant with the Lake Country Blue Fine Finishing Pad to protect the paint for about 4 - 6 months. The Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant is a great choice that looks outstanding and is very durable.

I think this two step routine would be a great boost to the appearance and be easy to work with. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0