dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliew View Post
Guys, guys

I'm not trying to upset the applecart I thought my original question was very straightforward.

I've read through the entire thread multiple times since the beginning of the year and back over sections when I have been researching things that I need to do. Quite often as in this case people tried lots of different things, and suggested different tools more often that not they didn't lead to a solution.

I searched this thread for an answer to my question and didn't find the answer to 'what worked' so I asked. The question was which tool/cable was used to load the FSC. No different to the question I saw many people ask of fluffyb when he was involved in the conversation, yet that didn't result in a go find it yourself response, just because you dared to ask.

I'm far from trying to be a leech I've been on the forum for only a short time but I believe I have contributed fairly across several threads when I have been able to make an input.

I've completed a few retrofits so know how to research and know that asking and helping others is part and parcel of spreading the knowledge.

If the link in post 729 is the only known method that is currently available then fine, I just needed clarification, I have already contacted that forum member and we have already exchanged a few emails.

OK - now you're asking direct questions which is a lot better. You will need a DCAN cable which you can get off ebay. Search "BMW DCAN" and you should be able to find what you need.

Patrys, on this board, offers the remote retrofit.

Beyond that, all the info is in this thread....good luck!