View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

COBB AccessPORT for the 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi

COBB is extremely happy to announce the release of the AccessPORT for the N55 powered 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi. We have been cranking extremely hard to get this out – with our best engineers working on making this a terrific product.

This is a Beta release – which means that although the support and tuning are 100% complete and, frankly, awesome – we don’t support every single ROM on the road right now. As most of you know (but your friends might not), a ROM is an individual calibration file that makes small tweaks to the Engine Control Unit from the factory. Usually these changes are small and completely imperceptible to the consumer – however, we always want to support the latest the OEM has to offer so that all of the safety and reliability that BMW engineers into its vehicles stay there. It takes more work to do it this way – but we think it's best for you and your car.

As such, during this Beta release of the AccessPORT, it is expected that several customers will need to send in the ROM data collected by the AccessPORT before the installation can be completed. Typically, new ROM support can be added in only 3-5 business days and is as simple as emailing your ROM information, and then completing an AccessPORT update on your home computer. As we collect more ROMs, the chance of having an unsupported ECU software revision goes down significantly and the sooner you can enjoy the added power!

The AP-BMW-002 will come pre-loaded with Stage 1 Sport and Stage 1 Aggressive power maps, as well as a Stage 0 map and Valet mode for reduced power when needed. Using the Aggressive map, you can expect an 11% increase in peak HP and a 25% increase in peak torque. The area under the curved is also massively increased with maximum power gains near 18% in HP and 26% in torque. Stay tuned for more maps (Stage 1+COBB FMIC) and updates coming soon as N55 development continues! Click the link below for more information and to get yours now!

BMW N55 AccessPORT: AP-BMW-002

Appreciate 0