View Single Post
      11-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #100
mjojom
Registered
Rep
Drives: e61

Hi guys,
I recently retrofitted my seats from half electric to comfort seats.
I got 3 errors on the dash, 2 of them are about head restraint pretensioners, old seats did not have them, so I had to run wires from drivers and passenger seats to B-pillar. the third error is restraint system, and it says "resistance too low".
I have used 16 amp wires instead of 5 amp, I am not sure if that could cause the difference.
there are two corners I cut:
first one is K_bus wire (#2 in yellow connector), I connected the wire to center console DSC switch instead running wire to the module behind the fuse box in glows compartment which is anyway connected to the DSC switch.
second shortcut, I run red/green wire (#3 in yellow connector) to the continuous 12V supply from seat supply wire (red 30 amps fuse). By the WDS it should go to relay in the boot connected to 5 amp fuse.
Relay supply continuous 12V too but only when the car is awake, when it goes to sleep mode it cut off.

now both seats actuators, lumbars and side bolsters and memory works fine, only I got 3 errors where one of them is in red.
can anybody help please?
you can see some pictures of driver seat connected on below link, just to see if I am missing something:
https://picasaweb.google.com/jozef.m...IDoluHLuLnYiQE

many thanks for help
Appreciate 0