03-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #20
simples
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by uham View Post
Hi

335i E92 purchsed from main dealer Dec 2006. 11k miles. Recently screen wash wipe failed i.e. no water getting to screen though I could hear the little motor whirring. Main dealer advised some "crystallisation" was evident in the pick up/filter area in the washer bottle and advised not a warranty item. Cost me £100. I have only filled the bottle twice maybe three times since new. BMW UK wont pay under warranty and are refusing to budge. their position is that its not a manufacture issue. Car is garaged every night. The wash/wipe is now stronger than ever, though previously I had no reason to believe there was any problem. They have failed to reply to this point and dont want to enter into further dialogue. Anyone had similar experiences and do I have a point? Thanks.
£100 knocker !!! bmw charged me 30 quid to sort it out, and i took it back 3 times until they sorted it out, at the end they fillled the washer tank with pure bmw screen wash, without xtra charge. very common problem this!!

ps i tried the calgon tablet b4 i went to bmw and it did'nt work.
Appreciate 0