01-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickygst View Post
So I'm getting the same code 29E1. Thing is I took it to the shop and they totally ignored the code. They fixed the thermostat but didn't mention the code. I believe air is getting in somewhere but I haven't been able to figure out where. Curious to see what you find out. Please report back with your fix and I will do the same once I know. By the way my car has 73k on it.
Are you running a tune? If so, are you maxing fuel trims? I am and I'm trying to see if that is related to the fuel mixture codes or a separate issue. I took my car to the dealer and they smoke-tested both intake as well as exhaust and found no leaks. They also reset fuel mixture adaptations but the codes/SES light came back on within a few days. They want me to put the stock downpipes on before they'll do anything else...so I'm looking for an indy shop that can fix it...stay tuned.