06-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #238
SWFan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by amclint View Post
Just north of KCMO here, anyone know how good Baron BMW service is?
I use them, haven't had any problems. Generally the service department has been really good to me, but they are expensive if its on your own dime. I had a 2003 E46 that had a bumper fitment issue fixed for free (years out of warranty) and an AC problem that required them to keep the car two days and they gave me a loaner. Keep in mind, I bought my E46 used from a non-BMW dealer and it had been out of warranty for four years at the time. So they earned some points with me over that. I really never expected they would give me a loaner, thought those were generally reserved or those having cars in the shop still under warranty.

I recently traded in that BMW for a 2011 335is and got it there. Most of the complaints I hear about are related to the sales department. I can honestly say I had absolutely no problems with my sales guy, and he did several things for me pre-sale that helped me feel more comfortable with the car choice.

But the truth is, they are the only BMW dealer in KC so they don't have much competition in the sales and service areas and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't take advantage of that at times.

On a side note, I'm surprised at the lack of KC postings here. If you go to the E46Fanatics website the KC thread has all but taken over the Rockies/Midwest forum.
Appreciate 0