View Single Post
      04-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #92
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I hear what you guys are saying but my sound that I am having is specificaly dealing with the area that I'm concentrating on.
I know there is a pretty big gap between the rod and clip, but the ticking isn't coming from there.

When I posted the video where the ticking went away, the only thing that I did was address the part that I've been looking at all along and not the other part.

I stopped at Ace Hardware to get some C clips. Let's see if my band-aid idea will work. I'm waiting for my engine compartment to cool down first.
I will post my results afterwards but I don't know if I can get to it tonight anyway.
You may have just transferred the pressure to that part with your putty knife and done the same thing to the rod/teardrop assembly without actually putting the putty knife in the "right" place so to speak. FWIW I still heard it in the video just not as loud as without the putty knife. Try the "putty knife mod" in the rod/teardrop assembly where you have a big gap and see if it goes away. I bet it will. I'll bet you a beer,...
Appreciate 0