View Single Post
      04-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #56
homerunball
Private
Rep
Drives: 96 Geo Metro 1.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Again, I'll wave the little Bullshit Flag. If the M3 is going to cost on average $15-20k more than whatever other 3 series is available, but it only makes the SAME HP or 10 less it wouldn't effect sales?

Wha???...

I know it's 4/20 but quit smoking the Mbuds.... There may be a small contingent of die hard fan boys out there in it for an emblem or M badge, but by and large M3 sales would suffer, in fact I'll say they are already going to suffer given the level of performance available in the 335s.

Suffer being the key word, I don't think it'll be the end of the M3s but it would certainly eat into their numbers.
If anyone is smoking anything its you. I drive a 335 and its great. I used to own an M3 and its a different car. Do you think M3's were the most powerful cars then? No! And they never were, never will be. Audi's were always faster, and so were AMG's. Have you ever seen a BMW overtake a Ferrari, Porsche, or any American on the straights in professional racing? If big HP numbers were the only factors in sales, then why did you buy a BMW?

M is a special made car designed from the ground up. There is no need to tell you why it is superior to other cars and why people buy them. I can't afford the E92 M3 but even if I had a 600hp 335i I would have an M3 in the garage. There is also no need to compare prices either; how much cheaper this is for this much power, bla bla bla.... Go get yourself a Civic, spend 10k in mods and you will walk any BMW product out there.
Appreciate 0